MediCopia Specimen Collection for Ambulatory/Outpatient provides a set of features that enhance the existing Specimen Collection application for use in non-bedside applications. Primary features include the ability to use PPID methods other than wristbands, for example reading the magnetic strip on insurance cards or a drivers license. Additionally, confirmation of a patient’s identity can be accomplished through the use of a biometric scanner.
For ambulatory draw areas in a hospital, a check-in kiosk is available, as is a waiting room status board that provides wait time and draw station routing information. For outpatient facilities, bundling and courier tracking is provided that ensures that collected specimens are delivered properly from the outpatient buildings to the hospital or reference labs.
Why Our Products
Lattice has been leading in the PPID market since 1998. Currently on our 4th generation product, the MediCopia application suite supports both single community hospitals as well as large multi-facility regional implementations. Our products support multiple EMR, HIS, LIS, and BBIS vendors.
- Provides the same level of PPID verification in an outpatient or ambulatory setting that is currently available for in-patient Specimen Collection
- Eliminates fraud by confirming patient identity in outpatient settings
- Provides a check-in kiosk, allowing patients to check themselves in for ambulatory draws
- Supports a waiting room status display, providing patients with expected wait times and routing to draw stations, retaining HIPAA compliance
- Supports bundling of specimen containers in an outpatient setting for courier tracking
- Utilizes the same Specimen Collection user interface as for in-patient – no additional training of phlebotomists is necessary!